- Put the oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook until the garlic begins to change color (don’t let it brown). Add the tomatoes and their juice, and season with salt. When the tomatoes begin to bubble, turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the tomatoes have reduced and separated from the oil, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside (or cool and refrigerate or freeze).
- Drop the pasta into boiling, salted water.
- Return the skillet with the tomato sauce to medium-high heat and add the salmon, cream, and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer until the cream has reduced by half. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it well, add it to the skillet and toss. Add a little more cream if it seems dry. The sauce is also good with penne or fettuccine.
You're finished! Enjoy.